Sunday, December 29, 2013

Let me be Julie Andrews for a second...

Hello my darlings! WOOSH! 2013 is almost over! Where in the H did the year go? So I have something to admit. I haven't really read any new books for like the last week and a half. I keep looking at all of my beautiful, never-before-read library books knowing that they will bring me adventures BUT then I look at my bookshelves and crack open a book I've already read and loved. That is when you know you've loved a book! When it becomes something you want to experience over and over again! So a lot of re-reading for me but with the new year coming I'll pick those library books back up...eventually! So today I wanted to do something fun and different! I wanted to share with you all of my wisdom and discoveries that I had in 2013! Fun right?! :D Stick with me kid! So first off in 2013 I discovered...

  • The Avett Brothers! You guys! This is my ultimate music love of 2013! I listen to them endlessly! Seriously! I can't really think of another band that constantly takes my breath away with their words and their performances! Plus I find the whole rugged band boy thing kind of attractive. No judgement-all God's children. My absolute favorite performances that I've watched one too many times...






  • Next I was scrolling through Facebook and decided that this is my absolute favorite embarrassing moment of 2013-


Today I had this quirky lady customer that grabbed my left hand, seeing no wedding ring and then raised it in the air and yelled to her son in the back of the store, "Honey!!! Great news!! She's single!" O dear floor open up and swallow me whole...

Yep that happened! It wasn't the first time...probably won't be the last! hahaha

  • Next I discovered the TV shows Reign and Scandal and have fallen in love with them both! So good! (Yes I do occasionally put down my books and watch some good ol' TV)


  • Relationship wise I learned a whole bunch! First I learned how bittersweet it is when your best friend decides to get married! It's a different and lovely situation that takes time getting used to!  I learned that family is the best thing to rely on because they are kind of stuck with you. I'm so grateful for mine. Another lesson: nobody is a better best friend and angel-like person than my mother! I learned that when people keep telling you that you found a good guy it's not always a good thing. What's that old saying? O yes! "Nice is different than good." I really love my life and I'm enjoying my single life! I know that eventually I'll fall in love but until then I'm having a really good time and don't worry about it! Worrying doesn't help so I choose not to! :D I also learned that school is hard and wonderful!  I learned that no matter what religion you are it's really important to hold onto belief and hope that somebody out there in the universe loves you exactly the way you are. I also learned that it is so important to be a KIND person! :D 


  • And finally my last favorite thing about 2013 would be this blog and that amazing support that so many of you have shown me while trying to build and grow it! I love my nerdiness and can't hide it! And if you can't hide it then you must embrace it! :D 


BRING ON 2014!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment