Thursday, August 8, 2013

Inkheart=magical!!!

Sometimes when I find a book I love it's like the planets have aligned and everything has clicked into place and I am transported into this place that was so epic that I keep it with me always! And then I hear they are going to turn it into a movie! And I think to myself...


Happens all the dang time! Such is the case with the Inkheart series by Cornelia Funke! They ended up making a movie of it and it was okay. Sigh...just okay! The only thing that I truly liked about it was Paul Bethany and his amazing fire wielding skills-


Bless the poor man's heart he is always nude to semi-nude in all of his films! Anywho moving on! So in this case if you have seen the movie before reading the book and you didn't like the movie so you won't try the book I'm cyber slapping you RIGHT NOW! (Sorry if that's a little violent!) :) Especially when it comes to the book that I'm reviewing today...

Inkheart is a book that is very near and dear to my heart! I LOVE it! I don't love every book! I'm actually pretty harsh in my book loving-but this I LOVE!!! If I could buy you all a copy-I wouldn't even hesitate! It's a book about loving books! I totally understand that! Cornelia Funke is German so this is translated into English and for some reason I really think that it makes it even better because some of the phrasing in the book comes across as poetical. So the basic synopsis- 12 year-old Meggie lives with her father, Mortimer, a bookbinder. Mo never reads stories aloud to Meggie because he has a special gift: when he reads a book aloud, the characters come out of the book and into the real world.  One night, when Meggie was a small child, Mortimer was reading aloud from a book named Inkheart when an evil villain named Capricorn, his aide Basta, and a fire-eater named Dustfinger escape from the book and into their living room. At the same time, Mo's wife Resa gets trapped within the book. Nothing comes out without something going in. Twelve years later, Capricorn is on a hunt to find and destroy all copies of Inkheart and use Mo's abilities to gain more power for himself in the real world. Meggie discovers her father's secret and, along with the help of Dustfinger and Meggie's eccentric aunt Elinor, fights to free her father and destroy Capricorn. You will literally fall in love with all of the characters and cheer them on in their trials and victories! So please will you read this?! Because I feel like you would love it! It is a series but as long as you give book #1 a try I will be happy! Just for reference-Book #2 is Inkspell and Book #3 is Inkdeath! Both are excellent! 




1 comment:

  1. All time favorite book. This post makes me want to read it again! Always! Always I want to read it again!

    ReplyDelete