Friday, September 27, 2013

Blackmoore...feel free to start a slow clap!

In this review I will use the phrases: amazing, excellent, incredible, and I'm not ashamed of it! Yep! This book I finished at five in the morning! Bad decision to start this one before bed because you won't actually go to bed! Then I took 10 minutes to reread all of my favorite parts! I will consider myself Blackmoored! Yep-made that phrase up right along with the phrase Edenbrooked. So it has been a full fifteen hours since I finished Blackmoore! I didn't want to write a review right after so that I would be able to be calm and collected but guess what? Fifteen hours later and I still feel like this-

and this-





Oh heck...why not one more-this is how I felt about the romance! 


Synopsis of this amazing book! 
Kate Worthington knows her heart and she knows she will never marry. She plans to travel to India instead—because she wants adventure in the great wide somewhere...she wants it more than she can tell. (O wait...that's Belle) But yes, she wants adventure and wants to escape her crazy family! But Kate’s mom has other plans. She makes a bargain with Kate: Kate may go to India only if she gets and rejects three marriage proposals. 

Kate journeys to the stately manor of Blackmoore determined to fulfill her end of the bargain and enlists the help of her dearest childhood friend, Henry Delafield. But when it comes to matters of love, bargains are meaningless and plans are changeable. There on the wild lands of Blackmoore, Kate must face the truth that has kept her heart captive. Will the proposal she is determined to reject actually be the one thing that will set her heart free?

Set in Northern England in 1820, Blackmoore is a Regency romance and o so good! It will be released in September.


When I first started reading this I had a moment of fear. What if I put my expectations too high for this book because Edenbrooke was so good?! I am super happy to report that my fears were needless! It may be slightly blasphemous but I might even venture to say that this is better than Edenbrooke. Oh Blackmoore, Blackmoore...how I love thee...let me count the ways! 
1-I love your cover! It's pretty! Even though I have the ebook I fully plan on buying a hard copy of the book! 


2-The main character Kate is extremely like-able! She is strong-willed and flawed but not in an annoying way-in a very human way that's relatable. It's always refreshing to find a protagonist that is someone you find yourself rooting for!  
3-The romance was amazing!!! It was the kind of romance where you are squirming from the cuteness! It leaves you screaming, "JUST KISS ALREADY!" I was about half way through this book when I realized I was actually smiling at my kindle. I laughed, I sighed...remembering my favorite parts makes my heart race a bit! :) 
4- Henry Delafield. Sigh and swoon worthy Henry Delafield! I loved him! I loved him so much that I had to remind myself he was fictional! If I find a real Henry I will marry him so fast! I can't talk about him without being spoilery! That's why I need you to read it and come talk to me about it so we can fangirl this out together!  
5-While at first I thought this to be slightly predictable I really didn't care. Then I got to the last 95% of the book and I was literally on the edge of my seat! I was begging the universe to let the book end the way that I wanted! This doesn't always happen but man I love that feeling of COME ON!! Let everything that I want to happen...happen! It's one of my favorite things about books! :) 
6-Okay I can't resist! I am putting my favorite sentence at the end of this post! It shouldn't be too spoilery because it's not what it seems! She has to get many proposals after all!  BUT if you want complete surprise skip ahead!
7-Just promise me you'll read this okay? Do it for me! You'll love it! I love it! Spreading love is always an excellent decision! 

And now my teaser....to read or not to read...that is your choice!



"The depths of your soul are fathomless. You are brave and loyal and true. You have such a good heart. It is only afraid. But I would take such good care of it, love, if you would give it to me." 








No comments:

Post a Comment