Sunday, September 15, 2013

I've got a book hangover...


Yes...it is true. Sometimes I finish a book and for some reason it stays with me for a few days. Not all the time but sometimes! I'm not going to lie...I actually love book hangovers. It means that I've been so swept up in something that my brain just can't handle the awesome! That's how I feel about All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill. 

"You have to kill him." Imprisoned in the heart of a secret military base, Em has nothing except the voice of the boy in the cell next door and the list of instructions she finds taped inside the drain. Only Em can complete the final instruction. She’s tried everything to prevent the creation of a time machine that will tear the world apart. She holds the proof: a list she has never seen before, written in her own hand. Each failed attempt in the past has led her to the same terrible present—imprisoned and tortured by a sadistic man called the doctor while war rages outside. Now she has another chance to change everything. But will she fail again? Ahhhhh...this book- it's intense and awesome! So let's say that you have a best friend that you've grown up with and love. Now this best friend grows up to be a genius that invents a time machine but they also grow up to be a monster. They make war and torture you. Now let's say you can use that time machine and go back to when you were teens and kill said monster before any of these casualties happen. Do you kill them even though they are innocent of doing anything yet? Do you pull the trigger even if you still sort of love them? Boom baby I loved this book!!! LOVED!

No comments:

Post a Comment