Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Happy 24th of July!!!

So if you are from Utah (like me) you know that it's Pioneer Day! Best Utah holiday ever! It's like the 4th of July part two! Love me some fireworks and hot dogs! I'm actually not one hundred percent sure if there is any other Utah holiday but hey...HUZZAH anyway! I love pioneers! I love pioneer stories! BUT if I was a pioneer I would have died! I would have crossed the Mississippi and gone no further! I played the Oregon Trail game as a kid and never survived! 


EVERY DANG TIME!!!!!!!
I'm a 21st century girl! I digress! So in honor of our pioneer ancestors I chose my favorite pioneer related book that rock my handcart pulling world! (I have done that by the way! I went on the Pioneer Trek Reenactment! Handcarts are really heavy! I even had the bonnet and apron!) This is one of my most favorite books by the way so even if you don't read it for the pioneers-do it for yourself!!! It's These is My Words by Nancy E. Turner!


These words belong to Sarah Prine, a woman of spirit and fire who forges a full and remarkable existence in a harsh, unfamiliar frontier. Scrupulously recording her steps down the path destiny has set her upon—from child to determined young adult to loving mother—she shares the events, both happy and tragic, that molded her, and recalls the enduring love with cavalry officer Captain Jack Elliot that gave her strength and purpose. This book is beautiful! It's rich and deep and it stays with long after you've read it! It's also one that is VERY hard to put down so you've been warned! You will literally fall in love with Sarah Prine and those around her! It is a tale of heartache and hardship and overpowering love. My sister gave this to me and I will always love her for it! If I could just give this book to all of you I would do it in a heartbeat! Do it! Read it! LOVE IT!!!






Heads up for tomorrow! MY FIRST EVER GIVEAWAY!!!! Shivers of excitement! And also...HAPPY PIONEER DAY EVERYBODY!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment