Saturday, August 3, 2013

A series that will blow your mind...

Today I would like to talk about a series that I think is just pure awesomeness! A series that makes you constantly feel like this...




It is the Darkest Minds series by Alexandra Bracken! Alex Bracken is one heck of an author!!! I have read a few of her books and each time I feel like I'm reading something absolutely magical! 


When Ruby was ten she discovers there is something different about herself. Something alarming enough to make her parents lock her in the garage and call the police. Something that gets her sent to Thurmond, a brutal government “rehabilitation camp.” She might have survived the mysterious disease that’s killed most of America’s children, but she and the others have emerged with something far worse: frightening abilities they cannot control.
When Ruby is sixteen she barely escapes Thurmond with her life. Now she’s on the run, desperate to find the one safe haven left for kids like her—East River. She joins a group of kids who escaped their own camp. Liam, their brave leader, is falling hard for Ruby. But no matter how much she aches for him, Ruby can’t risk getting close. Not after what happened to her parents.
When they arrive at East River, nothing is as it seems, least of all its mysterious leader. But there are other forces at work, people who will stop at nothing to use Ruby in their fight against the government.

Hello mind blowing book!!! I loved loved this book! I liked that I finally found the book that I could say it will definitely appeal to boys and girls! It was like Divergent, Unwind, and the Lord of the Flies all got together and had a baby called The Darkest Minds!!!! Ruby's story is fantastic. I could see this one being made into a movie because we love movies about hard core teenagers kicking the corrupt governments butt!

And now book number two! 


O wow o wow o wow!!!!  I feel almost exhausted after reading this! It is action PACKED!!!! Needless to say I was sucked in just like I was the first time!!! The first book in the series left off on a note that makes you angry because all you want is to know what happens to the characters but there are no more pages left! I hate that! This book opens with Ruby (who is now trying to embrace her ability to control peoples' minds) going out on missions with her team called the League. She meets Liam's brother Cole and they realize that Liam has information they need to bring down the government and they must go out and find him! Without being too spoilery-Liam and Ruby left on a WTH note so that added a good tension to the book! You just want Ruby to find him just to see what kind of reunion they have! As Ruby sets out to find Liam—and answers about the catastrophe that has ripped both her life and America apart—she is torn between old friends and the promise she made to serve the League. There are moments in this book that are perfect and there are moments in this book that are heartbreaking! It is like a cross between Alias and the Hunger Games and X-Men. It does have some strong language in it. Now that I've read this one I'm just so sad that now I have to wait until book three!! And this isn't even out yet! NOOOO!!!!! :D GO READ THESE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment