Monday, August 5, 2013

Once upon a time...

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days! I've been laid low with a sore throat BUT the perk of that is I did have plenty of time to read! It was the silver lining in being sick! It isn't easy when all you are craving is chicken noodle soup and it's 90 degrees outside! Thank goodness for A/C!!! It also gave me time to re-read! (Yes, I re-read as much as a read! Some books deserve the honor of being thoroughly used!)  I am a huge, huge sucker for fairy tales! I think it's because they conjure up images like this!


Okay, okay I confess! I just really have always wanted the Beast's castle! haha If a man gave me a library like that I'd be his FOREVER! So today I want to tell you about two of my favorite fairy tales!! I love them! Both are by author Shannon Hale and it is a series! The first one is The Goose Girl.


Anidori-Kiladra Talianna Isilee, Crown Princess of Kildenree, spends the first years of her life under her aunt's guidance learning to communicate with animals. As she grows up Ani develops the skills of animal speech, but is never comfortable speaking with people, so when her silver-tongued lady-in-waiting leads a mutiny during Ani's journey to be married in a foreign land, Ani is helpless and cannot persuade anyone to assist her. Becoming a goose girl for the king, Ani eventually uses her own special, nearly magical powers to find her way to her true destiny. This book is truly magical and will put a smile on your face! Book two in the series is called Enna Burning.


This book is a prime example of a story line that just gets better and better! Enna's simple life changes forever when she learns to wield fire and burn anything at will. Enna is convinced that she can use her ability for good--to fight Tira, the kingdom threatening the Bayern borders--and goes on secret raids to set fire to the Tiran camps and villages. But as the power of the fire grows stronger, she is less able to control her need to burn. In her recklessness she is captured by the Tiran army and held captive by a handsome, manipulative young captain who drugs her to keep her under his influence. Can Isi and her old friends Finn and Razo rescue her without sacrificing themselves? And with the fire still consuming her, will Enna find a way to manage the gift that threatens to destroy her?







So...what do you say? Can you handle the happily ever after and all that comes with it?! :D Just remember...


No comments:

Post a Comment