Sunday, June 23, 2013

It's Sunday so it's Emily Freeman's Day!

Since it is the Sabbath I thought it was finally time for me to post another review on some religious books that I love! I do feel spiritual every now and then and I do work in a religious bookstore! I would say about 80% of the time when someone comes and asks me for a good inspirational read I do not even hesitate to suggest author Emily Freeman to them! I love her! I will give her credit for being some of the first "serious" books that I read that just sparked my love for inspirational stories! She is hilarious and can portray unique views on different gospel subjects. She does have a Christmas book that helps you focus on Christ for that part of the year but I'm not going to review it! I have read it and it's amazing and I highly recommend you grabbing it when November rolls around. Seeing as it's only June, I refuse to talk about cold weather right now! The memory of the freezing last winter is still too fresh in my mind! So let's start with my FAVORITE! Sometimes the best just can't wait until the last! 



Love Life and See Good Days is amazing! I love the title. It in itself is a great message. When it first came out at Deseret Book we all passed this around amongst the employees and would just laugh at some of the stories in this book! Emily Freeman has this amazing ability to take a gospel concept and see it in an entirely different light!

She had a few but ONE of my favorite parables of hers called the Parable of the Dandelions.

"One weekend my girls and I took a drive together. We passed through acres and acres of farmland. My eyes were drawn to the overwhelming number of dandelions that had taken over the fields. The green landscape was dotted with a mixture of bright yellow flowers and white, fluffy balls of seeds. We had spent weeks trying to kill the dandelions in our own yard, and I thought about what a job that farmer would have have trying to clear those weeds from his landscape. My daughters saw something different: acres and acres of dandelion fluff just waiting to be blown from the stem. A thousand weeds or a thousand wishes. It's all in your perspective." pg. 22-23




Next-


In this book Emily Freeman gives you 21 "challenges" on topics relating to the Savior that help you come closer to Christ. Loved it and every message made me stretch my learning and made me try to be a better person. And the artwork is gorgeous! This is one of my many favorite parts!

"Think of Moses and the Red Sea, Noah and the flood, or the people of Alma who were in bondage for so many years. History proves the love the Lord has for His people and His willingness and ability to lead them to a promised land. The power of God is amazing. The scriptures provide countless examples of times when the Lord stretched forth His hand to offer relief for His children who were struggling. In every dispensation He has provided miracles for His children as they have wandered through the wilderness toward a better life. They have proved the Lord, and He has been there. A favorite poem reads:
When you come to the Red Sea place in your life
In spite of all you can do
There is no way back, there is no way round
There is no way but through
Then know God with a soul serene
And the dark and the storm are gone
God stills the wind
God stills the waves
God says to your soul "Go on"
-Baird T. Spalding
Experience has taught me that throughout the journey, the faithful traveler holds close to his heart the hope of reaching a promised land. In this case, the "promised land" we are searching for is a greater awareness and a stronger testimony of Christ. By drawing closer to Him we will be able to reach that destination. If our heart is willing He will be able to reach that destination. If our heart is willing He will without fail lead us to where we want to be. "He knows the way because He is the way" (Jeffrey R. Holland)"

Next-


This one has the same concept as "21 Days" but instead of days it's broken down into monthly challenges.  My word Emily Freeman makes you study and ponder and think! This book will make you want to be a better person! I'll be studying from this one for a long time! Plus the artwork is GORGEOUS in it! I think one of my most favorite things that Emily has said is, "You can do hard things." It reminds me that I am strong. I'll leave you with one last amazing quote-

“Have faith that you are a daughter/son of Heavenly Father who loves you. Determine which of your divine gifts will allow you to be a champion for Christ. Realize that you have been sent to Earth with a divine mission that is yours to achieve. Let your knowledge come from the good parts of life that surround you. Choose to set high standards and defend them. Become a great woman/man by doing good. Always be on the Lord's errand. Leave your mark. Be true in every situation--even when no one is watching.
Let your strength come from having high moral standards.
Look to Him.
Stand as His witness.
Become a keeper of what matters most.
 

I think you're pretty amazing! Happy Sabbath! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment