Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tribute to Sarah M. Eden

O my word! I'm just so happy to be telling you all about Sarah M. Eden! She is a rock star of a romance writer! I would say that the majority of her books take place in a regency period. So that means you get heaps and heaps of longing looks and and almost touches! You secretly squeal when he finally touches her hand! WOO HOO!! Is there anything more romantic then two souls being in torment because they love each other more than anything but they can't do anything about it because it just wouldn't be proper?! The answer would be...nope! haha Now that I reread that sentence it sounds awful but we women just can't resist a love that is forbidden or hidden! So I was one lucky girl and got an advance reading copy of her new book that's coming out August 6th 2013! Wanna see the cover? I thought you'd never ask! :)


First reason you should be really excited about this book-look at the cover! It's gorgeous! It makes me want to go hug my violin!! (I don't have a violin...but I really really love my ipod so I'll just substitute that!) Second reason you should be really excited about this book-it is published as a Proper Romance! I plan on doing a blog post about it but the same book that has a Proper Romance tag is Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson! And trust me-that's a swoon worthy book! So without further ado-here's my review!

Let's start a slow clap for Sarah Eden's best book yet! Seriously I thought that this was such a sweet story! Have you ever watched Far and Away with an Irish Tom Cruise? It's amazing and reminds me a whole heap of this story! This is a love story that is like molasses! It's a sweet and slow romance and you just find yourself enjoying every minute of it! Twenty-six-year-old Katie Macauley has placed all her hope in Hope Springs, a small town in the 1870 Wyoming Territory. She comes into town with the hope of being a house keeper for landlord Joseph Archer. She dreams of getting enough money to return to Ireland and find her family that she hasn't seen since she was put in servitude at the age of eight. She also carries around a terrible secret that weighs down on her soul but I won't spoil that for you! When she gets to Hope Springs with her bag and her fiddle she realizes that the town is divided into Irish and not Irish. Her boss, Joseph, is neutral to both sides and chooses to stay out of the fight but when Katie shows up and he discovers he is to have an Irish housekeeper it could look bad to the town and makes him look like he's picking a side. This was actually the part that made the whole story intriguing and gave us conflict! Loved it! Also as Katie becomes familiar with the town we are introduced to Tavish O'Connor. He is an ultra handsome Irishman that loves to tease Katie and is just plain adorable! Want a teaser? When they meet this is part of the conversation-

"I am Katie Macauley." She added, with emphasis, "And I don't particularly like you."
"A great pleasure to be making your acquaintance, Miss Macauley." He tipped his hat. "And I'll wager you'll most particularly like me before too long."

See! He's cute! Things that I absolutely loved about this story-1) I loved Katie! At first she's very guarded but underneath it all she is FIERY! She doesn't need anybody to stick up for her because she is smart as a whip and you find yourself cheering for her as she stands up to prejudice and overcomes her obstacles! 2) When I was about 50% done with this book I stopped and literally said, "O NO!!!" out loud. Why would I do this? Because this book has a very, very good love triangle! The reason this is troubling is because you don't really have a guy preference at this moment because they are both amazing men! Katie finds herself torn between Joseph and Tavish and you find yourself wondering who in the heck she is going to choose! This is one thing bad about a Kindle-you can't skip to the end! I was sorely tempted to do so on many occasions! Now the one thing I have to complain about! I got to the 95% mark in the book and realized their wouldn't be enough pages for me to be satisfied with the ending and then BOOM we find out there will be a sequel in the Spring of 2014! Cliffhanger!!!!!! NOOOO!!!! There are some things that are resolved but there are some things that aren't and if you are like me you want it to wrapped up with a bow by the end. Sadly I was only left with wrapping paper! I'm super excited for this one to be released! I loved it! Just remember, "Hope springs eternal!" :)





If you can't get enough-because I couldn't-here's my other reviews of some of her previous books!
First-


This has been my favorite book of hers for quite awhile! I sell this book at my job all the time and just haven't ever picked it up. But the ladies that I work with were on a Sarah Eden kick that I felt like I had to be a part of the club and read one of her books! I can honestly say that I was surprised! It was really good! I judged a book by it's cover-lesson learned! I sometimes have a hard time reading regency romances because it's all almost touches and glances-sometimes I just want to just scream, "JUST KISS ALREADY!!!!" but that can also be a lot of fun too! I loved the mythology and the Beauty and the Beast aspect of this book! Austen fans are sure to love this! Synopsis: The Duke of Kielder has more influence than Parliament, higher social standing than the Royal Family. No gentleman dares face him on the dueling field, nor risks testing his infamous temper. But His Grace is in need of a wife. Combine his fearsome reputation with a terribly scarred countenance and finding a lady willing to accept his hand becomes all-but impossible. When the Duke manages to secure a bride through a bit of trickery and an obscene amount of money, he is certain his problems are behind him. Except his purchased bride proves to be nothing like he expected. What is a man like the Duke to do with a bride who is gentle, loving and absolutely impossible to live without? 
SEE!!! So good!

Next-

This book was about a guy named Harry and a girl named Athena. Athena's brother-in-law has enlisted that help of Harry to find a suitable match for Athena but there is just one problem...Harry is in love with Athena! So he starts introducing her to every bore and awkward man in the county so she won't choose anybody but him! Cute and fun! A good romantic ride!

Next-The other book of Sarah Eden's that I read was called An Unlikely Match! Sadly I didn't really enjoy that one so you can decide if you want to skip that one! Sometimes in life you will find a book that's just meh (shoulder shrug) so we just put it back on the shelf and move on! This is a ghost story but I was annoyed that nobody was freaked out by the fact that there was a ghost! The characters just accept it and even take the ghost girl on picnics so I struggled through it! But you might enjoy it! I just can't get past things sometimes! If I saw a ghost I would be like AHHHHHHHHHHHHH and then run away! :) Sing it! Who ya gonna call...? GHOST BUSTERS!!! I digress-moving on! 
Next-




First of all I think that the cover of this book is GORGEOUS! Look at her! I want to be her! Layton Jonquil has spent the four years since his wife's death in the isolated sanctuary of his home, Farland Meadows, with only his daughter Caroline. Mary Wood, a flame-haired, out-spoken, overly-cheerful governess descends on the household changing both their lives and unearthing secrets Layton would rather remained buried and forgotten. Can one woman bring love back into a house too long without it and reclaim a heart too long broken to heal? My one and only complaint with this book was I really, really wanted an epilogue! You get to the end and feel just slightly cheated out of the unknown but it was still good! 

So-to wrap up this post I will just say that Sarah Eden is well worth your time! She also has a new book coming out called Glimmer of Hope. It should be released at the end of June I believe! The ebook should already be out! Give her a whirl! 


1 comment:

  1. I love Sarah M. Eden too! (I came over from Goodreads Clean Romances). This new book sounds great.

    I have read most of her books as well as the Timeless Romance Anthologies that she has contributed to.

    Here is a link to my reviews by author and then scroll down to her name to see the books I've reviewed by her!

    http://brooke-brookesbooks.blogspot.com/p/book-reviews-by-author.html

    ReplyDelete